Friday, September 28, 2018

Entering the Next Phase

Hi everybody (or nobody?), I am Zi Rui. It has been over 2 years since I last logged into my Blogger account. This blog used to be my life - a site that I visited almost everyday just talk about my daily life. It holds so much precious memories and I guess it is about time to update about my life here. 

First of all, I am currently in my 4th year in SIT (YES FOURTH YEAR!!!!). I can't believe it either. They weren't kidding when they say your time in the university flies. My entire 3rd year was spent in an Australian-based building consultancy firm. I will update more about the company in the later portion of this blog post hehe. 


Just some pictures with my favourite people on our first day of our last trimester. To be honest, after working for a year, lectures seem to go really fast and it's seriously a lot harder to keep up as compared to Year 2. Although we have fewer lessons, the amount of reports, quizzes and projects to be done is overwhelming. Sometimes, I really do not know where to start.... I usually just create to-do lists to make myself feel better haha. 

Anyway, the fourth week is officially over and I am still kinda pleased with my progress. Juggling school work with a part-time job and also helping my previous company out can be a lot sometimes. But at the end of the day, when I complete all my tasks, the sense of achievement erases my initial regret. I guess I should really do more at this age where I have the time, knowledge and energy. 

***

Oh yes, my dear friend Eileen actually introduced BTS, a K-pop group, to me a few months ago. I have officially fallen deep into the ARMY (the name of their fandom) hole. Within a span of 6 months, I have purchased 2 of their latest albums and is obsessed with watching their videos (I try to do it moderately now. Their video is my reward after I strike something off my to-do list lol).

Me a year ago would have been so so SO embarrassed of myself haha! But the joy these boys give to me is indescribable. As much as I want to go to their concert and meet them in real life, I kinda lost all hope as they are so fricking popular now. I am still incredibly proud of them and I will just stay as a low-key fan. Shout-out to Eileen for bringing me into the Magic Shop 💖 

***

I have always told my friends and loved ones that our lives in the twenties will zoom by in a blink of an eye. We graduate, find a job, get married, and have kids (ideally) all within a span of 10 years. To be honest, I am terrified of what that is about to come. I am turning 23 this year and I am approaching my mid-twenties. 

Every night, I think about my life in the next 5 years (probably the cause of my insomnia?). I am doing what the society and my parents expect me to do. But there is just so much more I want to experience in my life. Maybe this is the reason why I haven't really been feeling so good about myself despite the series of great news I have been receiving. I guess I just have to go through the motion and live the moment. 

Speaking of great news, I have been officially offered a job in my previous internship company 🙌 I think I met my benefactors during my last few months of my internship. They fought so hard for my scholarship and job offer. I am so grateful for all that they have done for me and I promised myself to pay back with hard work and dedication.


I guess I can finally say that I will be graduating debt-free!! *pats on my back*