Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Xmas Date: Dazzling Cafe

Since it is finally the holidays, I got some time to sit down and blog about my life. For the past 2 hours, I was reading some old blog posts and it brought back so much beautiful memories!! I figured that blogging about things that happened 94654314 years back isn't helping at all. I have decided to go back on track and blog about recent activities. Really hope this will bring back the blogging drive in me! *fingers crossed*

So today, I decided to bring my mum out to try Dazzling Cafe. If you haven't heard, Dazzling Cafe serves really insta-worthy desserts such as the honey toasts literally drenched with calories higher than Mount Everest. It is based in Taiwan and was brought to Singapore by a young (and obviously very intelligent) young lady. 

Since the queues during the weekend is insane (average waiting time: 2 hours), I decided to bring my mum there on a weekday. And.....

THERE IS STILL A QUEUE.

We waited for approximately 20 minutes before we got our table.

Super cutesy bunny chair for my mum!!

We ordered the Hazelnut Chocolate Honey Toast (S$19.90), and a Iced Hazelnut Cocoa (S$9) for me. I really should've ordered tea because the drink was too sweet omg.

Moments before I realised how horribly wrong this combination was.


I always thought that the glorious white lump on the top of the toasts is vanilla ice cream. BUT NOOOooOOOOOoo... They are girls' worst nightmare - cream.

Underneath the cream was a single scoop vanilla ice cream and little cubes of toast injected with chocolate sauce.

THE VERDICT:

 They really should cut down on the amount of cream they used.. But then again, lesser cream = less aesthetic?

I also feel that the amount of ice cream is insufficient for the entire stack of toasts. In the end, my mum and I felt so sick of it because we were literally eating bread with cream. But, the cubes of toast are delicious and goes well with the ice cream, chocolate sauce and cream.

All in all, I still feel that the toasts in After You (Bangkok) taste better. I remember being overwhelmed by the honey and fragrance of the toast at my first bite in After You. I guess they really set the standard of honey toasts for me. 

Anyway, I am no professional when it comes to food. There must be a reason why people queue hours for this. I just don't think it's worth waiting 2 hours for.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After our desserts at Dazzling Cafe, mum and I headed over to MBS for some retail therapy.

Selfies with some Christmas trees!


We also went to the Christmas Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay. Spent around 30 minutes there before we left because it really wasn't a place for my mum LOL. I'm pretty sure Tim and I will come later this week to play the games!

Thank you for reading this far. I hope to blog again soon!! :)