Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Another Revival

As usual, I'm gonna apologise for my lack of update once again..
This time round, I'm gonna blame it on my laptop. It caught some sort of virus which made surfing the internet a chore for me, so I decided not to use it all together. Just a few hours ago, my cousin managed to solve the problems for me!! Although not entirely, a big chunk of those annoying advertisements were removed.

I'm really glad that I have some time now to keep a record of what I have been doing for the pass few days (or weeks, or months..).

Let me start off with what I have been really busy with - internship.

Most of you would've know that I have been attached to Marina Bay Sands, under the facilities management team. Since MBS is a humongous property, the facilities department is broken down into numerous sub departments. I happen to be assigned to the Hotel and F&B support team. I'm doing more of the administrative and supervisory work. How's life in MBS, you ask?


Really, really, REALLY, GOOD!!!

Since I am the only girl in the department, I was kinda treated like a little baby there sometimes. Everyone is genuinely nice to me, willing to teach me, and willing to entertain my endless string of questions every single day. On top of that, my manager buys me food. LIKE REAL GOOD FOOD.

But it is not always sunshine and delicious macarons at MBS. I had to do my job as well. Since I am really curious by nature, I always poke around whenever I get any free time.


I managed to make a box from scratch! 
That includes cutting the wood from a machine that was probably used in the Saw series, and nailing the wood pieces together. I was really damn proud of myself?! Like I couldn't even hold a hammer properly. Thankfully, I had the skilled carpenter's help and guidance :)


 I also painted the floor slabs at the Lion Bridge, to prepare for David Beckham's arrival.
Initially, I was told to supervise my technicians for this work, but I simply couldn't resist getting my hands on the rollers as well!

Since I am currently a staff in MBS, I was entitled to a number of benefits. 1 of them includes discounts at Rise Restaurant. In order to help my burden friend, Yi Wei, to book for a table for him and his parents a couple of weeks ago, I had to go as well. Luckily for me, I managed to get Qian Yan to go with me!

In the afternoon, I met the guys for late lunch over at Huber's Butchery @ Dempsey.

Huber's Butchery & Bistro
18A Dempsey Road, Singapore 249677

It was a simple lunch to celebrate Dylan's birthday. Dylan is probably one of the few people I know that doesn't really care about their 21st birthday omg. I love birthdays!! How I can use that as a reason to throw a party, gather everyone, and just catch up.

It was a long wait for the guys because they kinda got lost at Holland Village. Can't blame them because I almost missed my stop as well.. I was so relived to see them because the waiters were getting impatient. They even double confirmed with me the number of pax a couple of times. Please guys, I cannot take this kind of stress haha!

Anyway, Huber's Butchery serves decent German food in great portions.

My super big pretzel and (also) super big grains of salt lol.
And if you're wondering what's inside that weird-looking pot, it actually consists of warm water and 2 sausages.

Another great thing about Huber's Butchery is that their prices are really reasonable. It's between S$7 to S$18 for a main course! Moreover, due to it's location, you get to see flashy cars and adorable dogs. We managed to catch a fleet of Lamborghinis mid-way through our meal!

I headed to MBS first after our meal. While waiting for Miss Lim Qian Yan, I decided to visit the relatively new Coach store there. I was surprised to see that they were offering customisation services. I tried my luck and asked the staff if they could do it to my existing bag, and TADAAA!!

So happy with the personalised tag!

Qian Yan arrived later in the evening. I lied to her about everyone waiting for her and she rushed over, only to find out that I was the only one there LOL. Don't ask me why I was being mean, she was late okay haha!

So anyway, it was an amazing dinner buffet, There was a wide variety of food and cuisines, and Singapore (local) food was the special that night. Since poor me is allergic to seafood, I decided spam sashimi. Seriously, NO REGRETS. They were so fresh sljbgfsjkgba.


And after 8423597864 rounds
I DIED. NEARLY EXPLODED.

A Tourist-ish shot before we part :')

So Qianny and I decided to walk around a bit to digest a fraction of all the food we gobbled down. While we were on our way out of the toilet, a random guy approached us and gave us 2 tickets to Play Live concert. We both had no idea what was going on, and decided to go check it out anyway. It turns out to be the most random concert we ever attended!!

Us with our free FHM magazines LOL. 

Apparently, the winner of X Factor Australia was performing. She is none other than Dami Im. At that point of time, I found her song "Super Love" extremely familiar, but I thought it was a cover or something because I NEVER heard of her name before. 

BUT OMFG


Her songs are good man!!! I can't believe I watched her live for free hahahaha.

Oh and DJ Tenashar was there as well. I was looking forward to her spinning, but was kinda disappointed. Her genre was totally not my kind. And she seems a little.. siao? I don't know man. She was just in this skimpy outfit and kept spinning her head around in an odd manner. I was actually disturbed LOL. Thank god Qianny suggested to leave earlier.

Alright, I'm gonna stop here for now.
I will be blogging about my experience at Illumination 2014, my meet up with Bryan Wong, and sharing snippets from Cris's birthday surprise in the next blog post.
Goodnight for now people!! X