Sunday, August 31, 2014

Another End

It is the end of yet another semester. And I still can't believe it!! I just completed my last examination paper (hopefully) of my entire polytechnic life. It's funny how every time I blog, I talk about how time flies. Tempus fugit, they say. I'm just really glad that everything is over. It was the worse semester and I also had a massive pimple outbreak *sobs* 

Anyway, like the end of all semesters, our class decided to have a gathering. This time, we had a BBQ session over at Shayna's place. Oh! If you didn't know, NP has set aside a fund for classes to bond with their lecturer. As long as the class advisor is present, the school will reimburse a fund of S$5/student present during that gathering. 

After our last paper, Billy and I decided to join Yi Wei to walk to his house and then to Shayna's house. BIG SACRIFICE OKAY LOL. Had to walk because we didn't have enough cars as expected. We decided to take our own sweet time because we expected
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


BUT NO HAHAHAHA

When we arrived, we saw our fellow satay men still setting up the fire (secretly crying inside).


You go boys!

Apparently there was something wrong with the charcoal, so we took quite some time to get the fire going.

Shayna ordered our food from Hungrybbq and Bbqwholesale. I highly recommend ordering from them as I personally think that it is wayyyyyy more convenient. They provide delivery services and even have readily-marinated food for us to cook. On top of that, they even provide plastic utensils, tongs, charcoal, etc. Basically, we didn't have to worry about missing out anything. Oh and their marinated meat were seriously quite good! +99999 points.


The number of people it takes to start the fire haha! I know I am the classic example of  越帮越忙 (cause more trouble rather than to help), so I decided to stay away from the fire.


Decided to join the girls to play a game of Saboteur while waiting for the fire to start!


And yes! We got a surprise visit from Wei Xiong that evening! I still remember getting such a big shock when I saw him over at Clarke Quay when we were celebrating Billy's birthday early this year. So good to see an old friend :)

Our fire kept dying :'(

I LOVE MARSHMALLOWS.

We were really lucky to have Shayna's parents around to help us with the setting up and clearing up, especially Shayna's beautiful mum.

I swear she really looks like Maggie Q?!?!?! 

Some selfies we took throughout the BBQ sesh.


To all of my amazing classmates, it was a wonderful journey with y'all. Words can't describe how grateful I am to have you people to spend these 3 years with. We all may have different personalities, but we are still bonded in a special way.

Seriously, I heard many stories about my friends getting betrayed by their classmates, and I'm always wondering "HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?" I guess that's mainly because I'm extremely blessed to have classmates that do not have such ill intentions. 

I mean, seriously! I have classmates who send me pictures of their notes because I missed my lectures, and classmates who constantly remind each other about the due dates, and send encouraging pictures and quotes to our class group chat during our most busy periods.

I shall award all of you with a halo each ^^

Can't believe I am saying this.. I'm really gonna miss you guys after we leave. Although I may not be very expressive in real life, I genuinely appreciate everything that you guys had done thus far. Love y'all X

Oh, and ending off my blog post with Shayna's very first Vlog. Do support! :)