Friday, October 4, 2013

Seoul: Final Days

Spent our last night in the beautiful Ocean Palace Hotel. As usual, we all had our breakfast in the hotel itself and left for Jeju International Airport for our flight back to Seoul.

Me being really happy because we were going to Dongdaemun!!

After so many days for exploring the countryside of Korea, we finally get to visit the heart of South Korea! It was definitely a view side of Korea; a bustling city with tons of Hyundai and Samsung cars (yes, Samsung produces cars omg), Korean signboards and familar brands.

IT WAS MY KIND OF HEAVEN.

Those messy and colourful signboards reminded me of the streets in Hong Kong ^^

I mean, I felt like I was in the scene of Running Man LOL.

We were only given 2 hours to shop and I immediately told my mum that I wanted to shop alone. I headed straight to the markets and bought 15 pairs of super adorable socks that costs only S$1.10 per pair!!!! I regretted not buying more!!!!! 

Unfortunately for me, there weren't much time and the shoes were kinda expensive for me so I gave them a miss.

We met up after 2 hours and I casually asked Andy
"Do you know where is Krispy Kreme donuts? I'm dying to try them!!!"
Andy then told me that Myeong Dong has them and that he could bring me there! :)

We then caught BIBAP; a non-verbal performance featuring b-boy and beatbox! 

  
They promised 1 hour 15mins of laughter and omg I think I really laughed through the entire show!
They were all super funny and freaking talented!!!!!

Anyway, after the show, Andy came to fetch us with
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

30 KRISPY KREME DONUTS

Seriously Andy, thank you so much!!!!!!!! MOST AWESOME TOUR GUIDE EVER.

The donuts were obviously given to the rest of the tour members too! So blessed ^^

We then checked-in to Courtyard Marriott.


The room was smaller but since it's Marriott, I'm not going to complain :D And their service was efficient! Asked for an extra towel and it came within 5mins!

Had breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. I also received my results halfway through my meal! Since year 1, my aim was to achieve GPA of 3.7. I am so so so proud to say that I finally did it!!!! 

I was so happy that I shouted "YESSSSSS!!!!" in joy in the atas restaurant HAHAHA. Anyway, my family members congratulated me and the food was great!

Picture with shy Seven in the morning before setting off!

Went to Myeong Dong for 3 hours of shopping weeeeeee!!! Andy brought us to the duty-free shop at Lotte World where we were sorted by our nationality? Since we are Chinese-speaking people, we were sent to Level 11 which had a China flag LOL.

Went straight to MCM to help my cousin's wife ask the price of their backpack. I seriously had no intentions to buy anything from MCM!! But
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I LEFT MCM A HAPPY GIRL


I saw a clutch that I really like and my mum (surprisingly) agreed to buy it for me. When we were about to pay, she saw a black backpack and asked me to get that instead. I OBVIOUSLY happily agreed and I left the store in less than 15mins with my most akjfiohgoie amazing advance 18th birthday gift ^^


I went to check out Stylenanda and SMtown and went to Starbucks with the adults for a drink. I mean, How am I supposed to shop in peace when I just got a MCM bag LOL. I told my mum that we could go home already after we got that bag haha!



Had Ginseng Chicken soup for lunch! My mum added so much ginseng beer that her face got red! 

Dad chilling in his slippers.

We went to Lotte World after that! 

Photo with Seven before we left for the rides!

Lotte World was ok and there were not many exciting rides there! But the queues were relatively short since we went there at night :) 

Spent our last night in Marriott before checking out the next morning!

Andy brought us to Ladies Street and omg the clothes there were cheap and nice!!!! I went crazy despite only having around S$30 left.


Still managed to get a few skirts, a cardigan and a pair of shoes! Wee!!! 

After shopping, we head to Incheon International Airport. Omg, I dreaded going there because I didn't shop enough!!! :( And I will miss these guys so so much!


Thank you for taking care of us for the week in Korea. It was an enriching and an extremely fun experience for me. You guys will be missed!!! :')

So this marks the end of my Korea holiday.


I wouldn't lie. I'm definitely going back to Seoul! The people there are so friendly and the things there are so nice. However, I want to visit the other countries first before coming back. Mum is already planning 2 trips next year. I love traveling so so so much!! X