Saturday, April 27, 2013

River Safari Singapore


Introduced the River Safari to my mountain tortoise bf last week and we decided to go there today! It was drizzling in the morning and I was kinda worried. Thank god the sun was shinning brighter than ever during our trip there :)

For those we don't know, River Safari had its soft opening on 3 April. The boat ride will only be ready at the end of this year so admission tickets are sold at a discounted price now (S$25)


It's it is still less than a month old, the park was very clean and it had a really nice view of the reservoir. 


We came across an exhibition that says 'Yangtze Alligator' and I was seriously expecting some huge ass reptile.

LIKE THIS.

BUT
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 We were greeted by this super cute and small alligator LOL.



ISN'T IT CUTE? It's smiling wtf. I never thought that I would call an alligator cute..

After that, we went into the much awaited Panda House to meet Jia Jia and Kai Kai!

Besides the pandas, they also had this freaking adorable Red Panda. I remember going crazy in Taiwan Zoo when I saw this!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Then of course we moved on to look for the famous duo. I was really hoping to see them upclose because I had bad experiences in both Taiwan and Hongkong where it was either too dark or the Pandas were just sleeping.

When we arrived, Kai Kai just started to walk out and you can hear the crowd going "Awwww.... ", "So cute...."

And then, it picked up a carrot
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

AND SMILED TO MY CAMERA 
This photo is so precious that I had to watermark it lol.

It then proceeds to lie down and munch on it's carrot.

By this time, the entire crowd went "AWWWWWWW". TOO.CUTE.SIA

We also met Jia Jia who was as expected, more shy than Kai Kai.

"There must be something inside"

Another attraction that I was looking forward to was the Manatee exhibition.
Since it was really dark inside, I couldn't really take a good shot.

The Manatees were hugeeeeeee. I now understand why they can weigh over 1000kg. And just look at the baby Manatee ^^

After walking the entire park, we went to Mama Panda Kitchen for some food!
Set A:
- Mushroom Chicken Bamboo Rice
- Sour & Spicy Soup
- Longan Beancurd
(S$13.90) 

Sides:
- Panda Pau (S$2.90)
- Hot and Spicy Tofu (S$6.50)

They also sold ramen and other stuff. And of course, since we are at a tourist attraction, f&b will naturally be more expensive *money flies*

Overall, I feel that it will be better to visit the River Safari when it is fully opened. It took us less than 2 hours to finish walking the entire park. It still a good experience though! Will definitely visit again when it is fully opened :)