Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sydney Day 4

Time check: 5:41am

I believe Holland just won Brazil and yes, I won my first bet in my life. So my return gives me a fillet-o-fish meal upsize LOL. Noob bet-ter Rui.

Anyway, it's been a really long time since I last blogged and I feel really bad about it.. In fact, I miss blogging so much! I can't believe that the last time I blogged was 2 months ago?! I'm really disappointed with myself :( And as usual, my reason for this hiatus is due to school. YEAR 3 IS KILLING ME. Initially, I didn't get why people couldn't cope - just listen in lecture and do your work and everything will be ok, right? 

BUT NO.

Work just piles up week after week after week. No matter how hard I try to clear my to-do list, it is endless. Looking at it makes me cry. I have been dealing with so much stress that I'm having a massive pimple outbreak *adds on to stress* But oh well, this is a typical Singapore student's life right? :(

*

So yep, I am finally blogging about day 4 of our Sydney trip! It is the day we visited the amazing Bondi Beach! Sigh, I miss Sydney so much!!

So the night before, we visited a nearby supermarket and brought some eggs and bread and spread, and we decided to make our own breakfast! Luckily for us, YHA has a big kitchen with all the cooking equipment that we needed! They even had a "free food" refrigerator where we got our free butter!!

Dylan showing us how scrambled eggs are cooked! (and Billy just showing off his muscles)

After our hearty breakfast, we are on our way to Bondi Beach!


I remember being very excited because Bondi Beach is the first non-Singapore beach I visited. I'm sure you guys know how unattractive Singapore beaches are.. Like really awful-looking waters and a weather that might throw a rain bomb on you anytime.. 

After around 30mins of bus ride, we finally reached this amazing beach!!


GKJAGKOGBGIRE BEAUTIFUL PLEASE.


Just look at the sky!!! JUST LOOK AT IT.

It's so clear and blue eerrrmaigawddd *tears of joy*
It wa said that the Australian skies are so blue because they have a hole in their ozone layer. This means that direct exposure to sun = risk of skin cancer. But seriously, the sky is so beautiful, you wouldn't even worry about it!!

Oh, and their sand is like super soft?!?!?! SHOULD HAVE STOLEN SOME BACK.

 The guys toh-ing once we found a spot.


 Billy rented a bodyboard and I got to try it. It was so fun! You basically wait for a big wave to come and you ride the wave to the shore! Although it was nothing compared to those people surfing, it was still exciting for me!

Oh yes, we also saw naked women on the beach. Yes. Breasts. They were everywhere. I really don't know how to feel about seeing them, but I guess it was a great exposure? (HAHAHA GEDDIT)

A final group shot before we left the prettiest beach I have ever been.

After spending the whole afternoon at the beach under the scorching sun, we were famished by the time we showered and changed. We decided to try a restaurant which Michael recommended. They were famous for their humongous ribs!

Tasmay and I decided to share half a rack with a chicken leg, the Lian brothers decided to attack a full rack and we have Mr Dylan having half a rack and a steak all by himself
It's around AUS$44 for each plate :)

So before the food was served, the waitresses helped us to put on some baby bib looking thing to keep our clothes clean.

AND FOOD IS SERVEDDDDDDD

 All of us looking so tan from the Australian sun!

Conclusion? Angmohs appetite are huge! Even though I was sharing the ribs with Tasmay, I could barely finish my share despite being extremely hungry. I don't understand how Dylan could wipe everything out on his plate omg.

After dinner, we headed to a shop nearby and we each got some tshirts as souvenirs. When we came out of the shop, the sun was setting and the air was very cooling.


And as far as I remember, we went straight back to the hostel to rest as we had to recharge for the next day, where we visited Tangora Zoo.

*

That's all for now. It's already 7am and I am still awake with Cristy Lauy by my side. Gonna head out for breakfast, then home to sleep, and then projects again. September, please come soon :(