Monday, March 24, 2014

Sydney Day 2

Finally blogging about day 2! Been so busy trying to keep myself occupied (if that even makes sense). Work is also slowly draining my life away. But I am just really thankful for my amazing colleagues who is constantly supplying me with Milo and snacks hehe.

Anyway, back to Sydney!

Woke up and this fart machine decided to take a morning selfie featuring my swollen eyelids.

We went over to Subway for breakfast because it was one of the more affordable food in Australia. I like how we can choose the type of cheese for our sandwiches! They have Swiss, Cheddar and Old English cheese. Subways in Singapore should totally do that as well!

After our breakfast, we began our painful journey to Paddington Market which was only open on Saturdays.

Loving the Australian sky

HAHAHAHA


Met a friendly man (in green) along the way who was also heading to Paddington Markets. He was kind enough to give us a map which really saved our lives for the rest of the trip! Thank you, whoever you are :')

After an hour (I think) under the hot sun...

395 Oxford Street, Paddington
Paddington Markets is similar to the flea markets in Singapore. The only difference is that it encourages locals to sell their handmade products such as jewelries, clothes, footwear, toys, etc. The only downside of this place is that everything is expensive since they are all handmade :(



Left there empty handed because things were really over my budget there boohoo. We took the long walk back and shopped along the way. The poor boys decided to stop at a pizzeria for a break while we girls continue shopping LOL. Oh oh, and I got my best buy of the trip along Oxford Street! *spins around in delight*

Exhausted boys resting inside Sportsgirl. 

We walked back to the Sydney Eye Tower to try our luck again for the Skywalk. We went pass a park and also managed to visit a famous Cathedral!

Spot Ruirui in the reflection of Bill's shades


BEHIND THE SCENE SHOTS LOL

The potential HLFM magazine shots.




Sydney NSW 2000, St Mary Cathedral
It is an extremely beautiful cathedral with magnificent architecture, both the interior and exterior. Unfortunately, photography isn't allowed inside. I strongly encourage you guys to visit the Cathedral if you are heading to Sydney!!


On our way to the Sydney Eye Tower, we managed to witness 2 elderly men play a game of chess on a giant chessboard. I know nuts about chess, but seeing them being so engrossed in the game really amazes me. Maybe I should pick up chess after I retire so my brains won't be so dead.

Finally! Dylan's normal face.


Cnr Pitt St Mall and Market St, NSW 2000, Westfield Shopping Mall
Had my first blood here where I bought a few apparels from Supre and Cotton On. I absolutely love this mall as it has a pretty wide range of shops. They have luxury brands such as Prada and Chanel, and also local brands! On to of that, Pandora charms are wayyyyy cheaper in Australia!

The Sydney Eye Tower is also connected to the mall. It provides a bird's eye view of Sydney. They also have Skywalk which we decided to give it a miss due to budget constraints :(
Single Trip: AUD$26


I really wish we could stay a little longer because I love views like this! However, we were all really exhausted from the super long walk to Paddington Markets, so we left early.


We decided to visit the local supermarket to buy some groceries for breakfast the next day! Another + point for YHA is that they have a fully equipped kitchen which allows us to cook our meals, thus saving those precious Aussie moolahs!

Just a GTR we saw on our way back

Victim of one of many Tasmay's evil acts.

When we were back, we realised that we all haven't had our dinner. Since my mum packed 5 packets of maggie mee in my luggage, I decided to cook them for our dinner. Billy and I went over to a nearby supermarket to buy more ingredients for the noodles, while Micheal and Tasmay went out to buy beer. As for Dickface Dylan... tsk.

After dinner, we started drinking and playing games. We also "stole" soju from the fridge. Okay, I wouldn't consider it as stealing because they were found in the 'FREE FOOD' fridge and there were no labels :D

So yep, after some rounds of Kings Cup
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Seriously guys. JUST LOOK AT BILLY.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Since I wanted to check out the clubs/bars in Sydney, I went downstairs and asked about the club right below our hostel. And guess what?! The club:

1) Has NO COVER CHARGE
2) Is open ALL NIGHT

Upon hearing that, Billy, Dylan and I immediately changed and went downstairs LOL.

Oh yes! The bouncers were very friendly and polite too. One of them asked why we were all red and Billy replied "Oh, we got the Asian flush". HAHAHA. And yeah, he let us in and even wished us a good night ahead :')

Bought more beer which cost AUD$5 each!


We were very lucky to meet a bunch of angmohs who were so fun and full of energy!! I HAD SO MUCH FUN! They weren't touchy, unlike those young punks you meet in Zouk. All they want is to just have fun!! We sang and danced and spammed photos and photobombed each other, it was so crazy!

So that pretty much sums up day 2 in Sydney! 
It was an extremely long and tiring day, but I figured out that I didn't really want to sleep while I am there. I wanted to stay awake all the time, just to treasure each and every second. X