Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014

I know I promised you guys that I will blog soon after every single blog post I made and I break that promise every single time. I don't even know if anyone bothers to read my blog anymore.. I'm really sorry for leaving this blog to rot but too many things happened in the last 2 months that I could barely breathe.

Anyway,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 

2013 finally came to an end and I finally have the time reminisce about the wonderful things that happened in that year.

2013 marks the end of my first year in Ngee Ann Polytechnic!
Life in a Polytechnic is totally different from what I heard in secondary school. It's much tougher and it drains your life away, slowly.. But I have to admit, poly life can be really fun as well! The people you get to meet there are crazy!

Really sweet girls of my class.

We are really different in terms of personalities, but I'm glad we all can still hang out together and have fun! What surprises me most was how I could be myself despite me being the only 1 that's overly high most of the times (instantly regrets all my stupid and retarded acts). Thank you for all the lovely gifts and little outings we have :)

My annoying little minions.

Seriously, how the fuck did Shayna and I survive the nonsense the guys give every single day for the past (almost) 2 years. Whatever it is, deep down, you guys mean a lot to me ok! It's true that lessons aren't the same without you all and it's weird how it is so peaceful whenever you guys are away for camps or competitions or shit. Anyway, cheers to the many annoying years ahead alright! :)


The fun we had during the last day of year 1 at Yi Wei's house!

All in all, I was blessed to be in a class filled with really down-to-earth classmates. They are all really helpful and kind and some, extremely noisy... Honestly speaking, I can't ask for a better class. I hope the whole class will graduate with flying colours, and that we all will succeed in our future endeavours!

*

So one of the major things that happened in 2013 was my family moving in to our new house!

I lived in my old house ever since I was born so I grew extremely attached to that house. I had a hard time leaving, especially when most of my childhood friends still lived in that area. You guys have no idea how much I miss those times we could just bunk at each other's place as and when we like..

My new house was a disaster when it was handed over wtf.

It was gross and mouldy and old and dirty?!?! I mean seriously? At least sweep the floor when you hand the house over?!?! My mum made our old home so clean and tidy when we handed it over to the new owners. I can't believe it.. *rolls eyes*

Well, luckily for us, we had a designer who did magic to our house!

Kitchen
(I realised I only have undone photos on my phone! Will post the completed look asap ^^)

Living Room

My Bedroom

Most of you probably already know this! My mum managed to engaged Bryan Wong to be our interior designer! He was very friendly and made our house really pretty and even spoilt us ('cos of him, we are sleeping on 1000 thread count bed sheets).
On top of that, he willingly shop with us in public and treated my family like friends, he also made our house a home. Thank you so much Bryan :)

Anyway, after moving in to our new house, good things started to happen! I hope this continues and I hope guan yin ma will continue to bless our family :)

*

In 2013, I became an aunt!

I was 1 of the first few people to see and touch baby Darien and it was also my first time carrying a newborn! He is a little gem to our family and to me, especially when his daddy is like my elder brother since young.


Very quickly, he turned 1-month old and soon, he will be 6-month old! How time flies. I can't wait for this little man to grow up. I'm already creating a little list of things I wanna get him ^^

*

2013 was the year I got my 2nd tattoo.


It was also the year I (kinda) convinced my mum that not all people with tattoos are bad people. I wouldn't deny, there are nasty people who paint themselves with ink, but let's not forget that there are also genuinely kind and successful tattooed people :)

I love tattoos but it is the fact that body art isn't socially accepted. That's the main reason why my tattoos were done at non-so-visible areas. So I hope all the people who are considering a tattoo to think twice or thrice before getting one. Tattoo is forever. Just don't tattoo your lover's name k.

*

In 2013, I became a SL.


In the blog post here, I talked about how I hated camps but eventually realised how much I needed CCA points. But that shouldn't be a reason for you to join a camp as a SL, because being a SL is more than just CCA points. It's an experience of a lifetime. I regretted not trying out for Red Camp.. :(

I really miss the my fellow SLs and of course, my campers. I GAVE MY FIRST TO YOU ALL OK. I know I'm not the best SL, but I really tried my best. I probably wasn't the highest, but I gave you guys every last bit of my energy. MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH YOU KNOW. Before I get teary-eyed again, let's meet okay :')

*

My mum started to have wanderlust in 2013, and we traveled to Korea.

It all started with her asking "Where do you wanna go this year?" while I was watching Running Man. I thought for awhile and replied, "Hmm, Korea?" The next moment, we were sitting in a travel agency, booking for a tour in Korea. (I know, I am extremely lucky. I don't deny!)


Korea was so fun! I love it there. Their culture, their people, their socks, their mountains, their banana milk, their horses, their shopping malls/streets, their boys (can never forget the cute guy I saw in Jeju heehee), their everything! The trip was partially the reason why I wanted to learn Korean.



I WANNA GO BACK TO KOREA.

*

Another amazing thing that happened in 2013 was me meeting Boys Like Girls.

I remembered when I attended the STAR Concert last year. I turned nuts when the boys got on the stage. I was so excited and overjoyed that I almost peed in my pants. I adore the boys so so much!

2012,
Watching the boys from afar..

 2013,
 FUCKING HIGH 5-ED WITH ALL MEMBERS

AND HUGGED ALL THE MEMBERS

AND GOT KISSED THRICE BY MORGAN

AND GROUP SHOT WITH MORGAN'S AND MARTIN'S HEADS TOUCHING MINE
*HYPERVENTILATES*

Seriously, I still haven't got over the fact that I hugged all the boys and the fact that Morgan kissed me. Everything is possible guys.

*

2013 was the year I turned 18!


I just wanna thank everyone for making my 18th birthday such a special one. I blessed to have such amazing friends that showered me with love and care. They are the people who brought laughter and joy into my life (and pain as well LOL). Honestly speaking, I wouldn't be who I am today without every single one of them.

In 2013, it was also the year my longest relationship ended. There's no right or wrong about how or why it ended, but at least, I'm glad it started. You taught me so much that no one can ever teach, and I felt like I grew up with you right beside me. Thank you for all the memorable times, all the surprises, heartbreaks and tears. We shared so much together even the slightest things remind me of you.  I'm sorry for the things I failed to do, and the times I've neglected you. We both know it's hard, but please stay strong till it's over. One day, you will find someone better, stronger and probably, prettier than me :)

Had a rough ending for 2013, but I believe good things will follow, just like a rainbow after a storm.
I'm sorry to end this post off on such a low note, but I still wanna wish everyone all the best for 2014! May this be a better year for everyone X :)