Monday, March 12, 2012

Right Before




Went to Sentosa yesterday with Celine and Qianyan to join in the fun for Family Day! Kinda sad that we didn't manage to sign up as a team for captain's ball. Ah, never mind! We had lotsa fun anyway ^^

Joined the juniors for tug-o-war and captain's ball. Almost died during tug-o-war. I don't have much arm strength, so I could only use my body weight. As a result, my ankles were buried deep inside the sand and abrasion formed on the side of my arm. On top of that, I dived into the sand when we lost. Boohoo :'(

We left rather early and since Qianyan had to go home to complete her homework, Celine and I had an impromptu plan to go to Haw Par Villa.


I'm glad that it isn't demolished yet. Though it's quite rundown, I found the trip there rather, life-changing (not sure if that's the right word). After going through the cave which portrayed the 10 courts of hell, I doubt I will commit any serious evil shit.

I can't help but to think about the future of the Chinese culture.

Many people of my generation are converting themselves into Christians, regardless of their family backgrounds. For me, I told myself never to convert because I'll feel like I betrayed my god and my parents. It's not wrong to convert, but different people have different views, and I have my own stand.

Even though my mum is a strong believer of the Chinese gods, I have no clue about the different dates to offer to the gods etc. Such a disgrace yeah?

It's so sad seeing the Chinese culture diminishing from our lives.. I better start to pick up before it really extincts.

*

With Jennifer's help, I managed to get tickets to the Cybertron Con!

I was so excited before I entered and my mood immediately dampen when I got in.

1 word: DISAPPOINTING.

There were ridiculously long queues everywhere and every second you will be thinking "Wtf are these queues for?". The exhibition of the toys was great, all the way from G1 until movie edition. BUT BUT BUT. There wasn't much activities or shows? I mean, at least some effort to make this convention more lively?

I also realised that they have different activities on different days. They must be thinking that this will make the people come back. FULL OF SHIT. People will just turned OFF on day 1 like me and give no fuck about coming back.

The exhibition is kinda small and you can finish it within an hour. So who the fuck will come back for the next 3 days just for an airbrush tattoo or drawing class? Horrible horrible horrible. Pfft.





Evil Optimus Prime. I have mixed feelings about this. It's creative but fucking disgusting.

You have to pay $20 for a photo with this Optimus Prime at the top. I should have brought my 8R photo with Michael Bay and wave it at the crazy queue and scream "THIS WAS FREE BITCHES." Jaykay. Anyway, the photo above is free ;)



Went to Guowen's house for a final look at Porsche before I leave for Taiwan later (it's currently 1.14 am, 12-03-2012). Sweetest boy cooked Korean maggie mee for me and added a bit too much hotdogs. It's still delicious anyway :D

So, I will be away the next week. Do check my twitter for updates :) Praying hard for good weather and the opportunity to meet some Taiwanese stars! Take care and goodbye people!!!