Saturday, November 10, 2012

17th Birthday

When I was younger, I wanted to celebrate my birthday every single year! Until I was around 11 years old, I kinda stopped. All I ever wanted was my birthday to go smoothly, and to have at least 1 good meal and probably a slice of chocolate cake.

Frankly speaking, I suck at remembering birth dates. So I usually don't expect the others to do so too. However, every single year, I will have awesome friends who will continue to surprise me!

Let's start with my first present!
Yep, those are Ajays! My dear Guowen bought this for me when I told him that I wanted a good pair of earpiece because those cheapo ones always fail on me. Isn't he sweet? :) This guy is usually generous when it comes to giving me presents. Lucky girl here *waves*

Next up, my classmates!
 They bought a cake to celebrate all the November babies' birthday! And they gave me this super cool American Express 'card' which was a thumbdrive in disguise! Ingenious. But I really wonder, what sparked off the idea of buying such geeky stuff for a girl like me? LOL. Nonetheless, I really like this useful present!

Then my crazy girl Qianyan came to surprise me!!
Guowen was supposed to come to NP to meet me for late lunch. To my surprise, Qianny jumped out of nowhere in her uniform and gave me an amazing scrapbook that can only be done by her. She has put in so much effort in it despite her busy JC schedule and I was extremely touched! Love you babe :)

 We initially wanted to go to town, but this girl had to go back earlier so we decided to meet at AMK Hub instead. Had my all-time favourite Ajisen for our lunch! 

After we finished our ramen, a staff came over with a slice of cake.

AT FIRST, I was like "Aww.."
THEN, I realised that it was a coffee cake!! 

Those who don't know, I don't drink coffee and I dislike coffee cakes! That bitch intentionally bought coffee cake for me! Ah well, it's the thought that counts! :P I still ate the cake ok!

We went over to Bishan Park for a brief photoshoot and chilled at the McDonald's there. Seriously, at this point of time, I was already overjoyed and stuff. Thank you babe, for setting aside time for me and making it so special :') Love you and all the best for As!

The next day, I had my CRM presentation which I sacrificed part of my sleep to. After that, Daryl called me and met me to pass me this beautiful tumbler!
It is actually from both Boon Hui and Daryl! Aren't they sweet? Daryl actually remembered that I said that I love Typo stuff, so he (specially) went down to get this for me! :) Thanks guys, I like this a lot too!!! :)

Met these lovely girls and guy for supper! 
It was a simple supper, catching up a little and all. I truly appreciate the company! :) Can't believe we are friends for so long! Eileen, hope you will get excellent results for your Os k! I believe in you! Wendy, thanks for being my listening ear time and again without fail. You're like a blood sister to me. Love you both!!

In the night, my mum passed me this
Royce chocolate bars. MOUTHGASM. They are from my cousin, Constance! Thank you so much jeijie! you really know my taste well. I love them! I'm already finishing them :'(  Ah, nvm, I will get some another when I can :P

TODAY.

I went to Llabten training like any other ordinary Friday. Training manageable, but still tiring. After which, Rochelle, KC, Alicia and I went to 7-11 for our usual supper. When I was exiting, KC suddenly covered my eyes.

I WAS SHOCKED. But I didn't struggle because I'm goodgirlrui95.

Then when they open up my eyes.

TADAAAAAAA
It says 'HAPPY BDAY ZI RUI' btw.. In their defense, our training ended slightly later than expected so most of the candles were dying. LOL.

7 cream puffs & 1 candle ^^

THEN

They pointed to a large Typo paper bag and said that it was my present. You know, I could have cried because I was really touched. People like the Woodlanders (Celine & Mo) and the sick (Valerie) came down to surprise me. But I was more of in the shock state.

Alicia did call me to ask what colour my new bedroom would be, so I kinda knew that she would buy the camera canvas display because I once told her how much I want it in my new bedroom.
AWWWWW. SHE REMEMBERS :')

OH YES.

Alicia was the mastermind of everything!
"I love Celine, Cia, Jon, Jac, Val, Indian, Roc, Fariz"


They gave me the canvas display (which I had a hard time bringing it home HAHA), a beautiful 2013 calendar (with all their birthdays marked), 3 letters from Celine, Mo and Cia, chalk board, 100 rainbow chalk and wooden letters that form my name.

This is seriously more than what I can ask for. It's like opening a gigantic Christmas present! 

And I think they bought also all the things I wanted display in my room!!

Thank you for all the efforts put into this surprise. My dear girls, you all never fail to surprise me! Words can never ever describe how happy I am! Oh well, whatever I want to say is in the text message. Love you all!!!!! 


This year's couldn't have gone any better. All the surprises and presents.. I know my vocab is limited, but I can only say. I'M TOUCHED. THANKS EVERYONE WHO SENT THEIR WISHES AND PRESENTS. XIE XIE. WO AI NI MEN.