Wednesday, July 18, 2012

STAR Concert


I guess those people that are following me on my Twitter would have know that I went to the Straits Time Appreciates Readers (STAR) concert on Sunday! It's a concert that showcases local talents together with 4 Minute and Boys Like Girls. Pretty cool right?

The tickets were $75 each and lucky me got free tickets from Guowen's mum! Thanks auntie! :)

We had lunch at some food fair near MBS (food are overpriced there, so don't bother going) and then went to 7-11 to buy snacks and drinks before going to Gardens By The Bay.

Guowen is getting out of shape!! HAHA. BTW, both his berms and tshirt are from Flesh Imp :)

I forced Guowen to go to the front with me after this shot. LOL.


AND THE CONCERT BEGINS!!!!

Local singers that are around our age! Their voice was amazing!


The band above was.. Weird. First of all, I don't see how a flute can sound right with electric guitars and drums. Secondly, the girl was kinda redundant. Her voice (if she sang) and the shaker was totally engulfed by the drums and guitars. Point is, they just didn't match..

AND THENNNNNNNNNNN..


BOYS LIKE GIRLS

JUST LOOK AT PAUL LOOK AT HIM.

Martin's sexy arms and tattoos.

John playing so, so hard. Cutest drummer ever!

Melting in progress..

They played the classic songs like The Great Escape, Five Minutes To Midnight, Hero/Heroine, songs from their latest album - Crazy World and finished off with none other than Love Drunk. It was one of the craziest night of my life. I jumped, waved my hands and screamed the lyrics away, totally neglecting my surrounding, including poor Guowen. HAHA.

I will never forget that night. 

Oh yes, and I bought the BLG band that caused S$10. My mum shall never know about this..



I may have missed all the guitar picks and drumsticks they threw, but I still left Gardens By The Bay a happy girl :) Shared a kebab with Guowen before we both went home.

Anyway, happy 27th monthsary baby! Unbelievable isn't it? Please take care of your body alright. School isn't an excuse to neglect your meals and rest. I love you :)